Wednesday, June 08, 2005

First Heat

Ok, so this is the first week of real heat this year and its starting to boil my blood. First the AC goes crazy. That's okay, I can deal with it. But now its really starting to heat up and maintenance is nowhere in sight. I go and try to cut our lawn ... front yard... everything went smooth. Then the backyard and the lawn mower starts burping and acting nuts. There is oil and gas in it and man it took a long time to finish the backyard. Top it off with my slight cold right now, my winter blood has not thinned yet and its all starting to make me grumpy.... well... aside from my usual demeanor.

I read the paper today and it stated that the Fire Department will now start handing out $300 fines for illegally opening up a fire hydrant. They said there were 175 cases in the last 3 days because people are trying to cool off. In one case the fireman shut the valve and the whole neighborhood started attacking him with water pistols and then began beating on his truck. I thought that was humorous. Stay Cool!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! There goes my hydrant idea. Nothing more I like to do than open up a main source that helps to put out fires instead of using my own garden hose. Add that to playing with the trash that lives across the street... what an ideal afternoon lol

6/08/2005 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home