Friday, May 27, 2005

White Trash Alert

Its been a silent feud since October 2002.

There are two sides of our street. Our side, where all the side-by-side duplexes are. Each tenant is in charge of their own yard-work and outside up-keep. The owners seem to be intelligent enough to understand that up-keep of their properties is key to keeping their investment healthy. The properties behind us are single family homes and the private properties of the inhabitants.

Then there is the other side. Four family townhome buildings all jammed together every which way. These properties run alongside a small commercial area on the next parallel street over. So these people have gas stations, auto repair and small office buildings in their backyards. Along with that are clusters of small parking lots that butt up to peoples back doors.
Unfortunately, when you cross my street, the rent dumps out and so does the quality of the people. The worse part is that it seems that we have the lowest and dumbest people living across the street from us. At one point, they and their family members occupied up to 3 of the townhomes across from us. Out of all the people across the street... THEY have to live THERE.

And they hate me.


There is a good reason why an idiotic person would hate me. I basically will not and can not put up with their daily shit. Let me run through some of the things that burn me up about these people.


1) Their two kids never seem to goto school. The boy is always riding his bike in the middle of the street on school days blocking traffic.

2) Trash. We have color coded trash days. That does not mean leave your trash out all the time because you are too lazy to learn the trash system. When the wind blows, I end up picking up their trash all over my own yard.

3) Noise. Between the two younger kids being outside and screaming profanity all day, the four unemployed older adults blasting their car stereo all day from one of their three dodge vans while they are "working on it", the older kid/adult inviting all his thugs over at night to yell, fight and throw beer bottles.... well, there is a constant stream of noise coming from their location. Some times they would start the car stereo, turn it up as much as possible, then go inside leaving it on for hours on end.

4) Trespassing. Though resolved. The kids used to "accidentally" throw their balls or other toys into our yard, then run all the way to the front door/windows and start peeping for extended periods of time. I swear I saw them reporting what they saw to the adults across the street. It took several visits from the police in order for the idea of what they were doing was illegal. I never pressed charges and nor did the police. Also, before we put a large blind in the front window, if we were in the front room at night with the lights on, they would continually jeer and create a ruckus whenever they saw us in the room. I t was quite obvious.


5) Idiocy. Lack of knowledge.

a) They put a mobile basketball hoop in the street for a while for their kids. They put the sand-weighted hoop on the edge of the curb. Not only did they block traffic, but everytime the wind would pick up the whole thing would tip over into the street. It never did any property damage but it came close enough for me and others to complain. It now sits in their own parking area blocking parking spaces that other tenants should be able to use.

b) Distribution of alcohol to minors. For some stupid reason the older kid has given his younger "friends" alcohol in plain view. This was kinda funny because the kids couldn't handle it and began LOUDLY advertising to the whole neighborhood how cool they felt for having the specific alcohol that they got from the specific person. On another occasion, the older kid started shouting the crimes he has committed and how much "hard time" he has done. On another occasion, they all started fighting and some many people on my street called about it that the S.W.A.T. team and police chopper were called in to break it up. On another occasion, they were all drinking again and I called the police about the alcohol and noise. Somehow, they all knew the police were coming and ran inside except for one moron smoking a bowl in his truck. The police caught him red-handed. On another occasion.... nah, you get the point.

c) They proudly display their white fake christmas tree with red lights on it in their window. They backlight it with their whole-house fluorescent lighting. Is bad taste a crime?

6) Physical and verbal threats. Everytime I go outside, they immediately start blasting their stereos...when I go inside, it all turns off. There were other time when I go outside and the older kid is with his friends and they start loudly talking about how they are going to "kick my ass". That is yet to be seen. The younger boy has intentionally thrown stuff at my car while it was parked or while I was driving down the street. The younger boy has intentionally jumped in from of my car while I was driving down the street. One of the adults intentionally drove in the path of my car (he was on the on the wrong side of the street) in order to play "Chicken". I had to completely stop and pull over. In another instance, I was backing out of my driveway and one of the adults saw an opportunity to race down the street and try to hit me with his vehicle. Then jumped out of his car and tried to loudly blame me for the incident. I just drove away with a grin on my face, on the inside, I wanted to rip him to pieces. I could go on....

7) Littering. They like to clean out there cars onto our front lawn. Cigarette butts, cans, bottles and rotten food. They also like to park their junker cars in front of our home for weeks at a time. Not in their specified parking spots, not on their side of the street. To me, its an eyesore and littering.

The only thing I have done to these people is try to ignore them and occasionally call the police when they crossed the line. 9 times out of 10 the police never show up. Upon reading police reports, they have NO EXCUSE for not showing up because nothing happens on this side of town. When there are only 5 police reports per day for my area (so each report takes 2 hours approx.) what the hell are they doing the rest of the 14 hours of the day.

To me, its a matter of "pursuit of happiness". They obviously feel that they have that right...and they do. But they do not have any right to trample all over everyone else's "pursuit of happiness" in the process. That's what they call "being considerate of others". Obviously they don't understand that. Nor does the property management, property owners, police or the police community liaison. I am still waiting on a response from the "Mayors Action Center". I called upon this service because it seems that the tenants, owners, managers or city service workers don't seem to think they have to take any responsibilities of their own actions.

Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home