Thursday, October 06, 2005

"hE's HaViNg a MeLtDoWn" (FINAL)

"He's Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-c-k!"

You know, from my own personal experience of blowing my top at work, though a much different scenario from "meltdown boy", I came back to work humiliated and thoroughly embarrassed by my own actions. While there are some similarities with both of or bad days... like the yelling and swearing... There are huge differences. I have kept this in mind the last couple days, making sure to catch my tongue so that I don't make myself a jeering asswipe.

What pissed me off today about "meltdown boy" is that he walked around as if nothing happened. Back to his stupid run-on conversations about what gadgets he has recently bought and how he used to live in New Orleans.... blah, blah blah... the same crap was rolling out of his mouth... the same crap that got him to his "meltdown" in the first place.

Exactly one week after the incident I was having some trouble with our equipment this evening and even though I didn't ASK for help... it should have been obvious that I was going to need some assistance by the rest of the crew to figure out some issues. While one of the crew members was making sure the studio was set and rundowns in place another member immediately came to my aid to help solve the equipment problems. MEANWHILE, "meltdown boy" was busy playing with his cell phone in the back of the studio.... ignoring the situation... trying to NOT get involved.... kinda like dereliction of duty....

Meanwhile we have some people who are begging to get his job, people who desperately need the money and are actually interested in doing the work necessary. There were people literally counting on "meltdown boy" to NOT return so that they could further their careers. BUT NO, "meltdown boy" was given another chance.... not the first chance ever...one in a huge long line of chances. How does he respect the situation he put himself into? He didn't! I have a severe problem with this ongoing lazy& bare minimum crap. The next guy in line to take his job is the absolute opposite. Should sad sack seniority prevail? I would rather have somebody in that job position that outwardly challenges me... not act as a slothing roadblock to excellence!

CV79 tells me that this is not my problem and to chill out. I will take her advise, but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my mouth shut about the laziness on his first day back from suspension.

Goddamn! I needed to get that outa my system, thank you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right, ya know.
Everyone reacts differently to situations. It's spoiled brats like him that make everyone pissy because he knows that if he gets fired he has his parents to pay his way. It's not life to him. Real people with skills have to work for a living.

10/07/2005 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home