Monday, September 12, 2005

My 2 Cents

Ah yes, the taboo conversations. The ideals of people that have ripped apart families and nations. What is supposed to the reason for our civilization that has cause more war, death and pain. Thats right, I'm giving you my opinion on Politics and Religion.

Lets start with the easy one.

Politics.

I hate politicians. They are liars and cheaters. They didn't get to where they are without ripping somebody off. You don't get to the top of your affiliation or political party without using people as pedistals and clawing their eyes out. I believe that all politicians are evil. Monarchy, Dictatorship, Communist, Green Party, Taliban, Democrats, War Lords, Republicans or whatever your favorite party, they all fill the same boat in my opinion. All equally evil and hungry for power and money.

Unfortunately there is no escaping politics. You must deal with it or you have no voice in your society. I shouldn't complain because I live in a society where I can voice my opinion without consequence. In most places in the world, people have little or no access to their central government and when they do vocalize, they are met with brute negative forces. Its bad politicians that create that scenario though.

Living in, the now, ebarrassing nation of the United States, I choose the lesser of all the evils.

Sorry independants, I cannot trust your word because you are not a team player and like any other politician, you lie. There is a difference in your lie though. You are not held accountable because you have created you own affiliation that can change its basic views without oversight or consequence.

Sorry small parties. I like my vote to actually count during an election. I know that my vote to you would be a protest against the larger parties but in the end, you are only talk and don't provide anything to anyone. You are nothing but an untested idea and your efforts could be better used by joining the enemy.

Sorry Republicans. I guess if I was your ideal human, you might seem to make sense to me. Very white, land owner, christian church going, loyal to greed, hard headed, 2.5 childeren and your all zombies. Though you have created that "American Dream" exclusive niche to get votes and currently control our government here, I don't believe in all those needs. I don't think its realistic to just create a dream for people to live for. That excludes almost your whole entire population. You may be able to con most of the citizens into thinking they are just like what you want them to be, but seriously, your party knows this is not possible. Slashing goverment programs to help people live a life with some type of quality and giving some fanatical religious states the right to make up thier own horseshit paranoid laws is just sad. One persons idea of living does not have to equal your formula of the "American Dream".

Sorry, George Walker Bush. Though you pose as a Republican, during your time as a president you have done almost everything to make that seem impossible. You added a secretary to your cabinet when most republicans want to downsize the federal government. You linked local, state and federal officials under a new branch of law inforcement... again, totally un-Republican. You cut off millions of veterans from getting the medical care they deserve, forcing people to either stay in the military doning things they don't want to or they must suffer. You created a backdoor draft that has forced tens of thousands of your reserve military to the front lines of a bogus war. You used something horrible like the terrorist attacks as a pawn to play war in a country that was "contained" at worst. Iraq was not the threat till you sent troops in. You have lied to the people who "voted" you in, even though I have my own suspsions about that as well. You used your "Threat Level Color Bar" to play with the fears and emotions of the people of the United States and beyond. You are not a Republican, you are a tyrant, a dictator, a liar and a wimp. I would stand fully behind people who would impeach you from power and try you for treason. Treason for making up stories about Iraq in order to make a profit making war for yourself; therefore responsible murdering thousands of your own people for your own gain.

Democrats. You are a bunch of fucking wierdos. Your party attracts criminals and the true gutter slime of America. You include all the races, sexual oriantations, religions and thoughts. This I like. Though we are a contry of a huge melting pot, you recognize that we are all different in a positive way. While Republicans are trying to con illegal imigrants with drivers licenses for support, you are charged fixing the problem they have made. I don't want my goverment to be afraid of new ways of doing things and I don't want my government to exclude people (even the people I dislike). Though I don't always agree and you sometime pander too much to whinny babies, I must use you as my voice in government. I know you will accept my non-religious, unethical, unconventional voice.



Religion.


I am a firm believer that organized religion has caused more problems than good. Though sometimes the shinning star in some of humanities darkest hours, I can't help to not remember all the millions murdered in the name of...

Islam. I find this to be a very ritualized religion. The more rituals, I find, the more fanatisism. The Haaj... have you ever realized the amount of steps you must take in order to complete the "journey"? Its rediculous. I know that the Koran does not teach people to kill or be mean to people. In case a reader may not know, the only difference between Christians and Muslims is that Jesus was NOT the correct profit, but Muhammed. Hence the branch of the history took its own course. I am not totally studied in this religion, I know enough that it can be easily altered to be used as a weapon. I firmly believe that all muslims are a good people but I think the clerics need to weed out the fanatical evil bastards that show up at their places of worship to recruit people for Jihad. The good clerics need to take resposibility and control of the situation better. I think that this religion is in the same phase the Christianity was a thousand years ago and beyond and the United States Government current attitude towards this religion is not helping the situation.

Christianity. This would include the Empire of Roman Catholics, Byzatine Catholics, Lutherans, Protestants, Methodists (don't deny it), Baptists and evey other branch of the followers of the New Testament. Your history consists of feeding living people to wild animals, waging war against people for thier beliefs, burning living people at the stake, rape, molestation, mass suicides and everything else evil. Though the teachings of your book does not teach you to act in this manner, you did anyway. The only good thing that I can say about Christianity is that it has protected civilizations greatest arts and education at certain points. Again, through your acts of rituals, you create fanatics that try to push their beliefs upon others at any cost. Your current crimes are the hardships you have created in Africa with your gang war mentality against Islam.

Judaism. Still living in the Old Testament you have been the most persecuted people. I cannot agree with your actions in Isreal. I cannot back-up my own governments funding of your military. Your Orthodox people are causing the most problems right now and the moderates are just standing by. I really have no complaint at this point in my life about this religion. I can only ask that you open your minds and eyes.

Jahova's Witnesses. Um, its not the end of the world. Your church leader needing to know where you are... all the time... I'm sorry, this is just a sad cult to me. Its not good for you to be scared all the time, it will burn a hole in your stomach.

Believers of multiple Gods. I don't believe there are any serious active religions like this currently, though, not totally sure about that. The Greeks, Animists and other cultures have definitly created a lot of very interesting stories and culture. Like the religions above, these cultures were based on rituals that I cannot agree with.

Wicca, Voodoo and beyond. Interesting. But a little too sensationalized to be taken seriously.

Hindu and Buddhist Religions. The hardest religions to understand. Basically what I get out of it is that its not about a god or how people should be as a whole. Its more about you, in the selfish sense. I have to say, I totally agree with the teachings that I have been taught and have found in my life. Don't take too much, don't starve yourself, just take what you need and everything in life. Basic science tells you that everything in moderation is healthy. This can include tangible items as well as feelings, thoughts and words. I do not lable myself with a religion, but if I did, it would be this.

You see, to me, seeing is believing. You saying that you believe in God and Christ is like saying that you believe in monsters and ghosts. It just doesn't make any sense. Religions have a responsibility to keep thier congregations on track but that can only happen in a perfect world. If we lived in a perfect world, what would religion be used for? Organized religions usually rule their people by fear. "Do something bad and you will goto HELL!" You should never have to be scared into doing the right thing. Doing the right thing would be to do the most civilized thing; to not act like a wild animal. Whats so hard about that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I, of all people, know that you are not a religious person. You are a kind hearted, wonderful human being and I love you with everything in me. Heart and soul. And I am not bashing you on your beliefs. Just simply stating my own...

But ... (somehow you knew there would be one?? :)

I'm not quite sure where you got your info regarding Baptists/Christianity religions and the atrocities that you labeled here.

Being raised and believing in not just the Baptist, but any Christianity religion, doesn't automatically make you into be what you are saying the people are.

God may very well be just a state of mind. Who doesn't want to believe that there is actually something/spirit/whatever that you can lay your problems to and you feel lifted. Feel relieved. Something, a belief so big, that it's comforting. It's a sense of hope. Faith. Not logic. Not science. Just a gut feeling that some people have and some people don't.

When you get married, you don't know if it will last. There's no way to know BUT you HOPE that you will be married until the day you die.

Same thing with God. Only, you don't know totally 100% until after you die.

Religion is one in it's own. Blind faith sometimes helps people get through the toughest times in their lives. I know it's helped me. Seeing as how I haven't actively been to church in years, I may not have any right to comment about it but I firmly believe in God. I always will. And I like it that way.

There's my nickel.

9/12/2005 4:32 PM  
Blogger Benners said...

When I wrote, "My 2 Cents", it was based on my own observations and opinions. Everything on this blog is my opinion sometimes mixed with fact. Please don't feel slandered but look as this as a way to see how I see things.

I knew this subject matter would not be popular, thats why I spend several weeks thinking it over.

My true hope is that in years to come, I can come back to this post and see if I still agree with it or did something in my life change my position or how I feel on a particular subject.

Just to clarify. I was raised on the bible and confirmed as a Lutheran. I had a very religious upbringing and I saw how people can mis-use the bible for their own personal benefit.

The true nature of man is "The ends justifies the means" and all the evil that comes with it.

9/12/2005 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home