Tuesday, August 16, 2005

We Care A Lot

"Its a dirty job but someones gotta do it..." That phrase started bouncing around in my head tonight. It comes from the old Faith No More song on their "Introduce Yourself" album. I am remembering it because Discovery channel has been promoting a new show with that song... but it was triggering by the events of last night. Therefore, it’s stuck in my head...

Holly went to great lengths to make my evening enjoyable. Though, I was not really thrilled about my sister coming over, I figured it would make an interesting evening. It was supposed to be my 30th birthday party. I didn't want anything major but at the very least, Holly wanted somebody over. If you have been reading this blog, you know that turning 30 is something major for me.

So my sister showed up early for once, catching us off guard. Her and her four kids. The kids are pretty cool even though the 3 boys are still a bit young.... and loud. Somehow, I know that deep down, they are good kids. I feel bad for Emily because it seems to me, my sister takes a lot of her anger out on my niece. Anyway, they came. My sister brought some wine, party favors (to be funny) and some food that Holly requested her to bring. For the most part it was quiet except for the blow horns my sister brought with her. The boys were having a blast with those. Holly and Laura (my sister) kept the small talk going while I kept my mouth shuttered for the most part. After 4 months of ignoring me, don't expect much from me. If she really care, she would have called.


"We care a lot about disasters, fires, floods and killer bees
We care a lot about the NASA shuttle falling in the sea
We care a lot about starvation and the food that Live Aid bought
We care a lot about disease, baby Rock, Hudson, rock, yeah!

We care a lot about the gamblers and the pushers and the geeks
We care a lot about the crack and smack and whack that hits the street
We care a lot about the welfare of all the boys and girls
We care a lot about you people cause we're out to save the world

YEAH!

And it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it"

So, after I grilled the burgers and had several beers and wine I was sitting there with my sister at the table. Still eating actually. I think Holly was in the bathroom. After my sister boasted about how she took her kids on a vacation to Washington, D.C. and Virginia Beach. After she continually talked about her latest sugar daddy, I figured it was time for my subject matter. So I asked her a question that she had talked about previously with Holly.

"So, you joining us on the boat next year?" Meaning: Are you coming to our wedding? The one that Holly and I have been splitting hairs and working on for months now. The wedding we wanted to make extremely special after all of our years together. The wedding my sister saw coming even from last year. Thus, this shouldn't have been a suprize. Its still a year away from happening.

She immediately broke down crying. She told me she couldn’t afford paying for 5 people. I then told her she didn't need to bring 5 people, she should just come herself. She wouldn't budge and even tried to make me feel bad about not including her 4 children.

- Laura tried to tell me they are starving and its unfair I would make it so expensive.
### No, it’s not a motive against her.

- Laura told me it was unfair for us to pay for Holly's 2 family members to go, but not for her.
### Holly's family’s finances and OUR finances, are none of her business.

- Laura told me it was unfair because she supposedly "raised me" when my father wasn't there for us, but its not fair he gets to go.
### Nope, that’s all horseshit. She also made the mistake of assuming the relationship between my father and myself. While she has been blowing me off for the last 6 years, my father and I have been working hard to keep in touch.

- Laura couldn't understand why we didn't consult her first.
### Why in the FUCK would I consult my ignorant sister on HOW I was going to get married? When’s the last time you have heard anywhere that the sister gets say in how the brother gets married? Are you fucking kidding me?

- Laura thought this was a way to exclude her from seeing me get married.
### Yes, the world is revolving around you and is against you Laura.

She continually laid it on pretty thick. She, in fact, just wouldn't stop. Her children were in the next room listening quietly as she made more of an ass out of herself. At some points Holly and I were both yelling at her. At other points it was Holly while I went to cool off outside and vice-versa. I know Holly wanted to kick her ass at a couple points when my sister started talking shit about her family.


"We care a lot about the army navy air force and marines
We care a lot about the SF, NY and LAPD
We care a lot about you people, about your guns
about the wars you're fighting gee that looks like fun

We care a lot about the Garbage Pail Kids, they never lie
We care a lot about Transformers cause there's more than meets the eye

We care a lot about the little things, the bigger things we top
We care a lot about you people yeah you bet we care a lot,

YEAH!

Well, it’s a dirty job but someone's gotta do it
And it's a dirty song but someone's gotta sing it"


If you think I let her get the best of the situation, you are dead wrong. It’s a dirty job but I had to do it. Since I can read right through my sister and realized she was trying to scam 5 free tickets ($3000.00) by acting like an emotional idiot. I let her have it.

Started off by saying,"Don't you dare continue to make Holly and I feel bad about our wedding". But she continued.

Then I went deeper and told her how I was not going to halt my plans because of her shitty decisions in life. I'm not the one who had the 4 kids, defaulted on house payments or even got married in order to resolve a feud. She is the one who got divorced under false pretenses when she would later admit to me she WAS, in fact, sleeping around. And I especially loved how in each of these situations, I warned her that things would be bad... each time, she blew me off. So, I'm supposed to respect her wishes? Its like telling someone to stop stabbing themselves but they continually do it anyway... then, when they are finished and dead, it becomes your fault. Yeah, lots of respect there.

What really set me off, she tried to blame the fact that because she didn't get enough child support, she is unable to go. Hmmm, I remember this all clearly now. My sister wanted the divorce and she wanted it quick and dirty. Her ex has been scamming the government and evading taxes with the help of his employer, in which my sister was reaping the benefits from for the whole time. When it came time to get it all straight in court, he scammed the court and my sister folded. She could have nailed him to the wall. He makes about $3500.00/month under the table but he is only responsible to pay $300.00/month for all 4 children. If she was smart, she could have nailed him for $300.00 per child/per month. The court would have kept him out of jail for the welfare of the children. Then again, WHATS THIS GOTTA DO WITH MY WEDDING? How did this become my fault?

After our failing and fledgling relationship, why would my sister thing she had a say in anything? Why did she have to ruin the evening that Holly set up for me? Why did she feel it necessary to try to stop me from doing what I want. In real relationships, the thing you want most for the person you truly care about is simple. Let them be happy in what they pursue. Does my sister even realize that she only damaged our sibling relationship even more after the events of last night?

I don't trust my sister at all. It’s always about her and what she can gain. In this case, she wanted free tickets and she is not getting them, hence the temper tantrum. Its not like she wouldn't be there because she supported my relationship with Holly. I think we all know she has tried to derail our relationship several times.

And the kids went home without getting cake and ice cream, what a bitch.

Thanks for not caring at all, Laura.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dood. I'm really sorry that your sister acted that way. It seems to me as well that she is just fishing for you to buy the tickets for her and her 4 kids, when she could have settled for the one ticket for herself but she wants to be a pain about it.

To Hell with her. Really. She obviously does this all the time to you and she's not worth the trouble.

I know they say blood is thicker than water but sometimes people burn bridges and you can never find a way back over them.

8/17/2005 1:20 PM  
Blogger Benners said...

Thank you for your support, this has been a long time coming. I think she needs to realize that just because she became a parent does not equate to becoming responsible or even an adult.
What a HORRIBLE example she showed the children. I have a heavy heart for the children, they are doomed as long as Laura continues with her lifestyle.

8/18/2005 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home