Thursday, November 17, 2005

So Fucking Cool........?

They own 3 old Dodge Caravans. A tan one, a blue beaten up one and the forest green one. Then there is usually some type of 4 door sedan parked in front as well... that tends to change one a month though. These vehicles usually clog the street in front of my home on a regular basis. Forbid they ever take advantage of the parking spaces allocated to them by their landlord.

As the war continues against 4825, they continually find new ways to annoy this shit out of everyone on the street. An old past-time they have is to park their 4-door sedan in their designated parking spot, open all the doors on the vehicle and blast the stereo. Then they vacate the car and go inside their residence.... with the stereo still blasting. This sometimes continues for hours. While you would think it would be "noise pollution" or "menacing". But its not.

According to the city, the ordinance that used to govern how much noise someone could make in a residential area was found unconstitutional. So, at the moment, there are no ordinances controlling this issue. The law used to be that any noise that can be heard more than 65 feet from the edge of your property could result in a fine. This obviously excluded lawn mowers and power tools during the daytime. Still, this did empower people to be able to have a nice quiet area to live in.

Now, its a free-for-all noise atmosphere. And lately its gotten worse from 4825. One of the bigger trouble makers that "went away" and/or "went to jail" for some time is now back. He has taken control of the forest green dodge caravan (CNX-9399 OH) and filled it with subwoofers. The he would parking it on the street in front of my residence, open the back hatch and sliding door and crank it. Sometimes he just sits there rocking back and forth like a complete moron. Sometimes he leaves it and goes inside. Sometimes he struts around it like he has taken control of the street.

Little does that jackass know, I've been gathering information and evidence on him. Secretly videotaping him from my backyard and front window. Though his actions are loosely protected by the law, I have been trying to figure out how to solve this continual issue anyway. The music is played maybe 1 to 5 hours everyday and sometimes continues through 8pm. Dumbass cranks the music louder when I walk outside but he also constantly watches for other cars and nearly turns off the music when another car passes. The one time I went to approach him, he tore off down the road, only to return 10 minutes later to keep on annoying everyone.

Personally I wish the overgrown dork would just get a job. Its obvious from his actions that he finds it enjoyable to be the center of attention and he really does nothing constructive. From the actions I have taken against the occupiers of 4825 (calling police for: trespassing, fighting, flinging trash everywhere, excessive speeding, aggravated menacing by using their vehicles, verbal threats... and more) its apparent they are not going to leave me alone until SOMEBODY moves away. I am going to stand my ground.

In all reality, I have done nothing against them, I have never spoken to them, I have never walked onto their property or touched any of them. The only thing I am guilty of is caring about my neighborhood and calling the police on suspicious and/or lawless annoying activity. I have also tried using the police community liaison, contacting the mayors action center and city counsil. It sucks to know nobody cares.

After dealing with the loud fucking asshole for a couple weeks I finally spotted my chance. He was out there again blasting his car stereo to the limit.... its so loud, I couldn't tell you what kind of music it is! He was sitting out in his prideful van on the street for about two hours. Then he went indoors. The car was empty and appeared to be "running". This does break a city ordinance. The police actually responded with two cruisers but not in time to see the vehicle vacant. It was enough to scare the shit out of the punk for the time being. During the couple of days after that incident he would momentarily blast his stereo if he saw me outside, but it would be off within five minutes. Since that time I have not heard the booming blasting sound.

I can only hope that the rare response from our crappy police force has left an impression on him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home